Friday, November 17, 2017

Unexpectedly Jentacular

All right, this post is going up super late, but here it is. It's been crazy busy lately, with not a lot of exciting progress on the writing front.

I've moved beyond the timeline splitting part of the story, and our heroes have continued on, hoping to make it to that all important something in California. Whatever it is. They would have just kept driving if they could, not stopping for a second. But, well, the limitations of modern machinery. So they have to stop for gas.

And at first, everything seems okay, like all the weird shit is behind them.
But then someone gets kidnapped, and there's a Waffle House in the middle of nowhere. Like, literally the middle of nowhere. In the woods, no roads, it's just there. And that's where I left off, so I'm not sure what's next. All I can tell you is that if you exist in infinite incarnations, at least one of them's going to be evil. And maybe it's because of their inadequate facial hair, or maybe that's just an excuse.

Any of this making sense? No? Good. Then we're in the same boat.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to give these stupid characters actual personalities. Which I know they have. I know who these people are and what they think about certain things. I'm still working on pinning down how they would each behave in a given situation. I'll know that someone needs to say a certain thing, to keep the plot moving, but I don't always know who should say it. I know, it should be obvious, and I should know my characters better than that, but I'll admit, I'm super unprepared for all this.

And with that, I need to get back to it. Mysterious Waffle House and all that.

I'll see you Tuesday. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment