Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Portals and Plot Holes

This story is getting weird. I mean, I know it was supposed to be weird, but then all of a sudden there was a cult, sacrificing our heroes to their gods. Okay. Why not. Then apparently they were cannibals, just because there happened to be a kitchen nearby. I did not plan for this.

And now I've written them into a bit of a pickle and I'm not sure how to get them out. It was all because I realized they were getting away too easily, and I had to make it more of a challenge. Now it's… too much of a challenge.

Honestly, you know what I'm going to do? I'm just going to skip to their daring escape and figure out the how later. To be honest, I think I messed up with my interdimensional portal placement, and that's going to need to be fixed later. But you know what we say about that?

It's December's problem.

Now, I don't know if I've ever brought this up here, and this has nothing to do with the current story at hand, but for years I've wanted to write a story called December's Problem. It's a tragic romance, you know, about a girl named December. She falls into plot holes and has to be rescued by her true love.

It is a story of deceit and betrayal, a story of love and destiny. A story not written in first person. It has detailed descriptions of its sexy main characters like, "He had a chiseled jaw and abs you could crack an egg on."

I don't know if I'll ever write that story, because fun as it sounds, the thought of having to write, or pretend to write, reasonably romantic romance is all very squicky for me. But it does need to sort of be a serious romance novel. Like, it's clearly a joke of a story, but it should also be a decent story, and I don't know if I can do that.

I guess we can turn the subject of romance back to the story at hand. Namely, I don't know if any of these characters are going to get together by the end of the book. Probably not. I'm going to try to stop them, at any rate. I do get the feeling that some of them have had some… past entanglements. I'm not sure to what extent it was, but I don't think it'll come up in the story. Because I hate shit like that. It seems to be a fact in fiction that if two people are stated to have slept together in the past, they must do so again in the future. And we're having none of that here.

Although I do think that Tony is going to hit on a hitchhiker that they pick up in the future, and she's going to try to kill him again. Yes, again. Tony is like a particularly resilient mold; he just keeps coming back.

I think we've covered all the relevant subjects. Cannibalism. Plot holes. Romance. Yep, that should do it.

I'll see you Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment