Wednesday, May 16, 2018

They Raise Their Towers to the Clouds

This week I'm coming to you live from the deep dark woods. Where yes, there is internet. It's the 21st century, guys.

I had an idea about a story, where there was a model, and an overdose, and a guy who was trying to unravel… something? It seemed like a really good idea, but when I thought about it later, I couldn’t remember why exactly. I had the basic idea, but I'd lost the spark.

This is why you write things down, kids.

In other news, I'm probably going to go down to just one post per week. I'm really not doing enough writing these days to have enough to talk about twice per week. I'll probably keep Wednesday and drop Saturday, so if you suddenly stop seeing weekend posts, that would be why.

Here’s a serious but unrelated question: Do you find the Chrysler Building unsettling? There's just something eerie and vaguely supernatural about it, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Does it feel ominous to you? Or do you have a reason for why it might?

There's a dramatic bit of background music in my head at the sight of it, so maybe it's from a movie? Either way, I wish I could harness this power, and cast dread upon people at the mere image of something. For, you know, evil. World domination through emotional control. That's the whole point of fiction, and art as a whole, even. Make people feel things they didn't mean to. Bend them to my will!

*ahem*

You know, to sell books and things. I'm not a madman.

Maybe that's an interesting writing prompt. Find an image that instill some sort of emotion in you and write a story that justifies that emotion. Maybe I'll write a little piece about the Chrysler Building is the headquarters of Evil. We'll see.

It's taken me forever to write this much, so I'm going to leave it at that. I'll see you… sometime.


Title Source: Disciple - Dead Militia

No comments:

Post a Comment