Friday, January 20, 2017

Head in the Clouds

Sorry I'm late. I had a job interview earlier, so I didn't want to stay up all night writing the blog post I had forgotten about. So here we are.

I've started writing my story, finally. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. It's tentatively called "Losing Daylight" and it's taking a while to get started. I spent probably an hour yesterday trying to think of a name for the airship.

Right now the issue is that there's one character we're supposed to be following, but I'm not sure what his role on the ship is. I know he has to have a reason to be out on the ground when they land. Because that's how I see it. He can't be an engineer trying to fix the engine, because A) that would require me to know exactly how the engines work, and B) that would probably be boring and overwhelming for such a short story. He also maybe needs a name. Maybe not.

Also, fun fact, writing with the expectation of being read is super difficult. In my NaNo novels and other random scribblings, it didn't matter if it was good. No one else was going to see it, so really, any words would do. Now it's taking me an hour to write two sentences because they have to be the best sentences ever.

I'm just going to go ahead and put this post up, or it's going to be super late. I'm going to try to focus on this dumb story.

I'll see you Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the job!

    I bet you're going to be more critical of what you write than anyone else is. It's okay - just tell yourself that the first draft is going to suck, plain and simple. The pressure to make it better is in the rewrites.
    I know you'll get it done because that's what you do. It's a trait that I am quite envious of.

    ReplyDelete