Tuesday, May 31, 2022

This Is Just To Say

It's been a while, I know. Sorry about that.

So, Camp NaNo. I ended up not making my word goal. Which was fine. I said, "I'll just extend my timeframe and keep working on this." I did not. This was not fine.

I don't know why. I wrote three stories (really two and half of another), and did some research for a fourth. And then just, kind of… stopped. It's still a project I want to do, so I'm not abandoning it. I've just been watching TV shows instead.

Speaking of… I'm sure I've mentioned this before, my obsession with adding a random character named Steve to everything. And that all started with a suggestion I was given back in 2010, when I was writing my very first NaNo novel. "Steve takes one for the team." So then I was watching a show (I won’t say which one, if you know, you know), and one of the episode descriptions literally says, "Steve takes one for the team." I shouldn't find this as delightful as I do.

But anyway. My nonfiction project is moving slowly forward, and I'm still kicking around ideas for fixing my vampire novel. I have a handful of problem areas, and I know how to fix… one of them. Then there's a part that I hate (because it's stupid), but it's functionally necessary, so I have to come up with a better thing to fulfill that function. And then there's the problem where Act 3 needs to be four times longer than it is, and I have no idea what to do with that.

It's times like these where I really doubt my ability to write anything (good) at all. Maybe that's why I haven't written in a month. Not that the excuses are going to help.

So yeah, this was just to say that I haven't really written anything new, but I'm still here.

I'll see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment