Saturday, September 14, 2019

Launching Myself Into Space

I'm not going to finish Cold Blooded by the end of the year. It's just not going to happen. I accept that.

I don't want to abandon it entirely, but the time is coming when I have to start planning for NaNoWriMo in November. Sure, I could be a NaNo rebel and write a revision for the month instead of something new, but I don’t want to do that. Largely because I like the absolute freedom to write meandering crap and self-indulgent bullshit during NaNo. I don't want to get hung up on trying to write a "good" second draft.

This year's meandering crap and self-indulgent bullshit is probably going to be the yet-unnamed space story I was messing around with last year. I'm not sure if I've mentioned that decision yet. I can't keep track of what I've been saying, especially going so long between posts like this.

Anyway, I'll be tinkering around with Cold Blooded for a while still, but if I can't manage to make it a priority, then I guess it just won’t be. Sometimes I can't make my brain do things, and forcing it isn't going to make it any easier.

So yeah, it's taken me about a month to finally get this post written. It's another brain thing that's not happening, apparently. As much as I want to get back to my weekly or even twice-weekly schedule, if I can't manage to work on my stories, there's nothing much to blog about, now is there.

I'm not giving up.

It may look like I am, like I'm abandoning the whole endeavor to be an author thing. I may be at a low point, and I may be slowing down on my progress.

But I'm not giving up.

This is The Dream, you know? To finish one (or more) of my books and get it out there on someone's shelf. It's the only dream. I can't give up on it now.

So I'm going to start plotting and planning my space story. I've got three and half characters figured out, one of whom is already doomed to die (of course). I may or may not have cannibals living in the bowels of the ship. I'm a little horrified at the thought, so I may definitely have to do that.

I swear, everything I do, it eventually turns to dismemberment and cannibalism.

Why.

I'll see you… some day?

No comments:

Post a Comment