Friday, January 19, 2018

Unexpected Delays

I have found that by the time I get home around midnight, take a shower, and have some dinner, I don't have a lot of energy left for writing. So it's still taking me some time to get these posts and stories written. Hence all the lateness.

When I initially started this thing, I was in school, and had Fridays off, so I could take all day Friday to write the second post of the week, if I wanted to. Now I work Monday through Friday, so I have to get both posts done in the middle of the night. Due to this, I'm considering shifting my posting schedule, and going to Wednesday and Saturday. What do you think of that?

Part Two of the story is taking longer than expected, so we're just going to waste some time here, and I'll hopefully have it up before Tuesday. It's just that, at this point, the post is super late, and I'd rather put up something rather than nothing.

The problem is arising because I only know the general gist of the story. Guy is sent back from the dead to fight the forces of darkness. But how? And is he alone in this endeavor? I feel like he needs a compadre, but I don't know who they should be just yet. I started introducing a character, but I don't know if I like them or if that's the direction I want to go. And since I'm posting this episodically, I can't exactly change my mind part way through.

What I need to do is create a general outline for the whole thing. And then break that into pieces, and outline each episode a little better. Then try to write it. This whole making it up as I go thing works for NaNo, when no one is going to read it any time soon. Not so much when it's going to be read within the next week, with zero editing.

So I'm sorry, I don't have the next part ready. But I'm trying. Bear with me, because I think this could be a really fun story.

I'll see you… at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment