Tuesday, September 13, 2016

NaNoWriMo Prepares for Launch

NaNo Prep has officially begun, beyond my slow and laborious plotting. As Municipal Liaison for my region, I have ordered the "ML Kit" which mainly just means stickers to give out at events. People love stickers. Don't ever underestimate that. And I'm getting some posters, and I'm just really excited about all of this.

This year, I have a brand new co-ML. See, I had a co-ML my first year, but then I did the past two years all by my lonesome. So now I have to learn to share power again. Already, that's a challenge. I want to do everything my way, but I have… to… not.

So anyway, now I keep seeing NaNo Prep! stuff on Facebook, and in my email, and every time I do, I'm like a kid in a god damn candy store. See, this is why I do it, after all these years. Because every time I see something about NaNo, I'm all, "EEEEEE! SO EXCITED!" Even though I still have to trudge through half of September and all of October. I have so many things to do though, so I'm sure I'll keep busy.

On the novel front, well, my main character still doesn’t have a name. Eventually I'll find one that suits him. Currently, my mental summary of the book is, "Vampires, ice cream, and rock and roll." I'm imagining the back of the book blurb, and it would say something like, "FirstName LastName, a perpetual twenty-something, did… something something." It's really vague, I know, but that's what happens when you don't have names or a plot. Or a title. Or any other characters.

It's a work in progress, for sure.

Right now, my plan is to spend all my time on the NaNo forums, just soaking up all that… NaNoiness. I'm just… I'm really excited. It's really hard to explain, especially in text form. Not that I'm super clear in person. If this were a face to face conversation, there would literally just be random screaming, and laughing, and ranting about word counts and plot bunnies.

Until Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment