Sunday, November 7, 2021

NaNo Week One: A Progress Report

I am really nailing this flashback shit.

My outline has some less than helpful direction, like "reveal some backstory here." Useless. But here I am, just writing along, and somehow seamlessly sliding into the past based on something that's happening in the present.

I am so good at this.

And these were just the good flashbacks. *rubs hands together* *cackles maniacally* Just wait until we get into the Dark Flashbacks™.

I'm also finding ways to weave my vampire lore into the story. Like, I don't know if you've noticed, but there is a lot of variety in fictional vampires. So, at some point, you have to answer questions like:

·         Do they appear on film? Or in mirrors?

·         Are they repelled by garlic? Or holy symbols?

·         Do you need to kill them with a stake? Or silver?

And I've just managed to drop a lot of that right in there, all casual. And I have a scene planned in the future that will cover more, in a semi-humorous (I hope) way.

I am so good at this.

Other than that, I'm way behind on my word count. Just in case you thought I was succeeding at everything. But I have a few more days off, so hopefully I can get ahead. I just keep getting distracted by the internet. And naps.

Anyway, I should get back to it. I'll see you… who knows, maybe later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment