Monday, September 6, 2021

Turning Backwards?

So, I forgot to write a blog post for a few months. Big surprise there. Honestly, I thought I had just written one, so it couldn't possibly be time for another. Time is meaningless.

How's the writing going, you might ask. A reasonable question. Surely I must have been doing something all this time.

Well, I have decided that I'm more than likely going to work on the second draft of Cold Blooded during NaNoWriMo in November, because maybe a deadline will help me keep going. So all I need to do is finish my outline between now and then, and I'll be all ready to go.

What's that? I have to actually work on my outline to finish it?

Oh. Oh no.

So what have I been doing?

Uh, well, I've been screaming into the void about my plot holes, hoping that will solve them. And I've been, uh, designing album covers for bands that don't exist.

Case in point.

Is this helpful? Probably not. But it's fun. More fun than staring at my holey outline. Since I can't figure it out, I keep asking myself, is this just a bad story?


Because if it was a good story, the solution would be obvious? It would all just fall together like magic, right? But then, it might be a boring and predictable read, if only obvious things happened. I don't know.

So that's where I'm at. I have all the major points laid out. There's just a couple of things around the middle that are all… murky. Like, I don't know how to get from one point to another. More murder, maybe? No, that can't be the solution to everything.

Anyway, as you can see, I haven't gotten much writing done. Just tangentially writing-related things. But I wanted to check in because I apparently forgot to post for two months.

I'll see you… next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment