Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Beginnings Are Hard

Revisions are going slowly. The problem lies in the fact that I don't know even the basicest of information about anything. Like the fact that basicest is not a word. Most basic.

I don't know where they’re going or why. I don't know where they're coming from. I've changed my word goal to an hour goal so all of this pondering and planning can at least count for something. I need to get my shit together, seriously.

I told my washing machine that they were doomed from the start, but I can no longer remember why. Something about the town they were coming from? I don't remember where I was going with that thought. I was doing laundry, and… I don’t know. Something gave me the idea. It was like, the inherent nature of their college town caused them to drift between realities, but fuck if I can remember why.

This is why you should write stuff down, kids.

I want to actually do some writing, maybe get the beginning redone. But the only part I'm half sure of is the part that's already written. The part with the cornfield and the murder and all that. Because I still don't know where they'd want to stop on their trip, for the beginning. And I don't know what part of the country they're in. *sigh*

I sat down the other day and tried to figure out what each of the three characters majored in as a clue to what sort of person they are. Ordinary shit, like Computer Science or English? Or something so incredibly obscure like International Studies for Inland Forestry Work. You know, majoring in taigas. But that's nonsense.

Speaking of English, is it stereotypical for a girl to major in English? Should she be in a less commonly female field like Civil Engineering? Because she just seems like an English major to me. Sorry if that's sexist.

That's all I have for today. I'll see you Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment