Saturday, March 10, 2018

A Change of Plans

All right, guys, I'm calling it. I'm discontinuing "Just One Yesterday" for the time being. I wanted to give it a better ending, but… It was getting stuck in a rut of nothing really happening, or just the same things happening. There was all kind of other information that needed to make it in there, but for whatever reason, it never did. I think it's the nature of making it up as I go. I don't have a set plan of where to fit things in, so they don't fit in at all, and the story just wanders off the rails.

I know there were some unanswered questions, the largest of which was probably, how did Patrick end up dead and condemned to hell in the first place. That was actually the initial idea I had for the story, but when I actually started writing, I skipped to the aftermath.

I'd like to return to it someday, and I probably will eventually. But right now, I'm bored of having to write it, which is likely reflected in the quality, and everyone's getting bored of having to read it. So we're moving on, for the good of humanity.

Then of course, the question becomes: What are we doing next? A great question. We have three weeks until Camp NaNo starts in April. So there is prep to be done.

I have two options: rewrite/revise The Long Road, or start something new.

The process is the same either way. Create a plot (either from the little bit I've salvaged or from scratch). Create or improve characters. Write a god damn outline.

I don't have any original ideas right at this moment, so I'll probably start with The Long Road. Although, be warned, if I come up with some awesome plot bunny between now and April, I may switch without warning. Or I may randomly write other little stories to share with you. I don't know. It'll be a surprise for everyone involved.

So that's the plan. I always welcome feedback, so feel free to leave a comment.

I'll see you Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment