Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Thoughts So Far

So we're on, what, part three of that serial story (which may be called "Second Chances," I haven't really decided)? What do you think so far? I kind of know what's coming up next, but I have yet to work out a long term plan. So I don't really know how long it's going to be or where it will end up.

I'm hopefully going to a thing this weekend about outlining, so maybe I'll learn a thing or two. Maybe I'll come back as an outlining machine! Probably not that.

So anyway, I've been trying to build this world and these characters without all the baggage of a full length novel. We just don't have time for that here. It's a fine line between no extra info, and not enough info. I'm not sure what side of that line I'm on right now. I'm hoping the answered questions in there right now will be answered by the end.

I'm going to cut this one short because I have to go to work and I don't want to put this off another day. I'd like to post on time every now and again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the next installment. I might have to start from the beginning again and read it all. I have questions. Some may have been answered and I've forgotten. What was his job? Why did he quit? Did he expect to die? Can the girl see the things or is she watching him flail around fighting the air and getting injured in the process? Etc.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least one of those questions will be answered next time. The others... eventually. I'm a little fuzzy on some of the details myself.

      Delete