Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The Next Big Thing

It's a common occurrence that I will start plotting my next literary endeavor before I finish the one I'm working on. This project is no different. Rest assured, I'll be finishing the (still unnamed) prison train story. But the April round of Camp NaNo starts in a week and a half, and I am compelled to come up with a new story for it.

The plan is this: finish the current story before April, so I can jump into this new whatever. Of the three classes I'm taking, one will be finished by tomorrow, and next week is Spring Break, so I'll have plenty of time to finish up the tale. After all, I wrote "A History of Falling Off the Wall" in three days. This should be no problem, if I just sit down and do it.

So, what's the plan for Camp NaNo? As usual, I have a ridiculous number of plot ideas lying around. However, yesterday (I think) my husband randomly declared, "What if the earth was flat, and new worlds are discovered off the edge?" We discussed it a bit, and created this whole thing. Basically, some cataclysmic event shattered the world, and explorers have gone about reconnecting the pieces. There are air/space ships and cable car train things. The advantage of this idea is that it creates an entire world, so I could write the stories of several different characters, until I get to 10,000 words (the minimum word count for Camp NaNo).

Of course, there's a good chance I'll be struck with inspiration for something completely different between now and April 1st. These things happen. Whatever idea I go with, I will of course be taking you along for the ride.

Have any questions or comments about the upcoming Camp NaNo or the plans thereof? Leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. HMMMMMMMMMM! I feel a little like a sneak preview of the old batman series. What will happen next . Will the MAD cooper finish writing the train story or will she start the new NANO series wait and see on the next episode of ( MAD Cooper Presents.) I can't wait to find out what happens with end of unnamed tale but don't rush it. It will be awesome to see what the internet / imagination creates. I will just be excited to see it all put together.

    ReplyDelete